New SGML declaration?

From: Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor <roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1998 11:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
To: www-html@w3.org
I may have this wrong, but as I understand it the SGML declaration for
HTML 4.0 has to be modified slightly to support hexadecimal numeric
character references.  Perhaps the W3C should issue an admendment or
something.  Or perhaps just add the neccesary corrections to the errata.

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
"And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message"
-- Anindita Dutta, "The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy"