Re: Method for A? (fwd)

> Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 15:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
> From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
>
> Once upon a time Mike Meyer shaped the electrons to say...
> >Style sheets will solve part of the problem. All of them? Can I turn a
> >FORM into a text element with CSS?
>
> You can create a textual form element in HTML 4.0.  The
> <BUTTON>Your text here</BUTTON> element.  Please check it out and see if
> that (possibly with styles) will do what you are looking for.

Button isn't very backwards compatable. It's does deal with some of
the problems associated with such fields, though.

> It sounds like the core of this issue is cache control - when to refresh
> and when no to refresh.
>
> Perhaps this is better attacked from that angle than changing the link
> modes.

I already considered that, and rejected it. This means that static
pages that need such links have to be turned into scripts on most
servers, which is pretty much inferior to the proposed solution.

	<mike