Re: ID and NAME (fwd)

MegaZone (
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:26:08 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 14:26:08 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <>
Subject: Re: ID and NAME (fwd)

Once upon a time Peter Flynn shaped the electrons to say...
>   I know ID and NAME occupy the same namespace.
>I thought the whole point about NAME was that it _didn't_ occupy
>the same namespace as ID. Unless someone's changed it recently.
>ID is declared as ID; NAME is CDATA last time I looked.
>   <A NAME="fubar" ID="fubar">...
>Perfectly OK, precisely because they _don't_ occupy the same

Note that Dave already replied that it is NOT ok.

AND all of the specifications state quite clearly that they DO occupy
the same namespace.

If a browser does not put them in the same namespace, then the browser
is in error.

Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110
For support requests:  <>
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588