Re: Printing HTML

Erik Aronesty (earonesty@montgomery.com)
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:11:21 -0700

From: Erik Aronesty <earonesty@montgomery.com>
To: "'baruch@mercury.co.il'" <baruch@mercury.co.il>
Cc: "'www-html@w3.org'" <www-html@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 1997 09:11:21 -0700
Subject: RE: Printing HTML

Problem is, that simple request almost impossible!

In order to achieve an acceptable printout,
you need to write a program that converts the web page into EPS or RTF.

Currently, most browsers will do a poor job of laying out your HTML
page,
and don't provide the ability to hide forms from a printout, add
footers, draw table headers, etc.