HTML 4.0 comment

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:09 -0700 (PDT)

To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Subject: HTML 4.0 comment

I've been reading through the new spec, and something caught my eye - maybe
I overlooked it before:

On BLOCKQUOTE and Q why is 'cite' limited to %URL?

What if I'm quoting from a book or other non-electronic document?

How about either making 'cite' a general field, or adding 'title' to
both?

Actually adding 'title' could be useful - display as a tool-tip if the
UA wants to provide easy access to the source of the quote.  And it
would allow a user to jot down info to look things up offline if not
a URL resource.

What do you think sirs?

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588