Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Jordan Reiter (jreiter@mail.slc.edu)
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:50:02 -0500

Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 17:50:02 -0500
To: Iain Wilkie Logan <iainlogan@enterprise.net>
From: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

=7FIain Wilkie Logan felt an urge to reveal at 4:12 PM -0500 on 1997-09-17:
> > Besides, Netscape offered the use of various fonts, so
> > that they could be cross-platform (I always used about three or four
> > different varieties, just to be safe).
>
> The only concern I would have is where the use of FACE would render the
> affected text meaningless on platforms where the font is not available -
> certain symbol fonts might come into that category for example.

This is only a problem if you depend on the FONT attribute for
informational rather than presentational purposes, much like using images
of text rather than text itself.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[       "Don't you realize that intellectual people    ]
[        are all ignorant because they can't spray     ]
[        paint that small?"                            ]