Re: Browser Stats

Rob (
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 06:28:35 -0500

From: "Rob" <>
To: (Chapman, Hass)
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 06:28:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Browser Stats

On 15 Sep 97, Chapman, Hass wrote:

> >From: Mike Meyer
> >However, I seriously doubt your numbers. While I'm pretty sure that
> >NSN/MSIE between them have 90% of the market, I'd be surprised if the
> >number of downrev users is as low as you claim. This is based on the
> >last time I went and checked the numbers for NSN, which has been a
> >while. What are you basing your claim on?

Looking at the stats from the last two months, for a site a maintain,
~91% are MSIE and Netscape, however that is spread out over various
versions with differing levels and bugginess in CSS, <object>, Java,
JavaScript, or built-in PNG support. So for now even writing for the
major browsers ('Best viewed using the tools of the oligarchy') is

Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl (
(Se habla PGP.)