Worthless crap in 3.0? (was Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments...)

Rob (wlkngowl@unix.asb.com)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:50:12 -0500

From: "Rob" <wlkngowl@unix.asb.com>
To: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 19:50:12 -0500
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Worthless crap in 3.0? (was Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments...)

On 10 Sep 97, MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com> wrote:

> I completely disagree.  Personally I think the 3.0 proposal was bloated
> with more worthless crap that 3.2 or 4.0.  There were a few useful items
> I miss - like BANNER - but few.  I don't think the MATH support in 3.0
> was well thought out either and I'm glad it was dropped.  If the claims

I don't think it was worthless crap at all (things like ABBREV,
PERSON, AU) just not well thought out.

Well, ok... in a way that does make it useless, but the need for
marking up or noting abbreviations/acronyms, proper names, etc.
still exists.

Rob

---
Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl (wlkngowl@unix.asb.com)