CGM plugins

Chris Maden (crism@ora.com)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 13:27:57 -0400

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 13:27:57 -0400
From: Chris Maden <crism@ora.com>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: CGM plugins

[Walter Ian Kaye]
> At 9:29a -0400 09/10/97, Chris Maden wrote:
>  > There are also at least two plugins available now to handle CGM,
>  > one free, one not.
>
> Who makes the second? Is it available on more than one platform?
> (The first was Windows-only, and therefore irrelevant.)

Inso's QuickView Plus is a Windows-only packaging of its cross-
platform (I think) Outside In technology.  The Outside In stuff can be
licensed by others (it's included in Norton File Manager, Lotus Notes,
and Microsoft Windows Explorer, I think), so someone else could
develop a plugin for other platforms.

If there were demand, they'd probably consider porting QuickView
themselves.  I used to work for Inso, but it was a different division
altogether, so I don't know too much about it.

-Chris