Re: My collected comments on the HTML 4.0 draft

Arnaud Le Hors (
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:48:21 +0200

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:48:21 +0200
From: Arnaud Le Hors <>
To: Jukka Korpela <>
Subject: Re: My collected comments on the HTML 4.0 draft

Jukka Korpela wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Sep 1997, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:
> > This sentence clearly shows your misunderstanding of what W3C is all
> > about. I don't know what you expect but you shouldn't be surprised that
> > HTML 4.0 is vendor-driven
> Who said I was surprised? I _am_ surprised now that you admit it,
> especially since seems to give a different
> picture.

How about that? On this page you can read:

"We are an international industry consortium"
"The Consortium [...] is funded by commercial Members"

That says it all, doesn't it?

> I did not expect the Spanish inquisition to scrutinize my understanding
> when I sent my comments. Luckily the autoreply message from
> was quite nice and polite.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be impolite. And on a side note, I'm french and
has absolutely no origin in spain and I'm the one who wrote the
autoreply message you got... ;-)