Re: My collected comments on the HTML 4.0 draft

Arnaud Le Hors (lehors@w3.org)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:05:08 +0200

Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:05:08 +0200
From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
To: Jukka Korpela <jkorpela@cc.hut.fi>
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: My collected comments on the HTML 4.0 draft

In the first paragraph I find:
> Instead of being an
> all-inclusive attempt to define an improved version of HTML, the hypertext markup language for the World Wide Web, it
> appears to be the product of evolution by mutations and vendor-driven selection.

This sentence clearly shows your misunderstanding of what W3C is all
about. I don't know what you expect but you shouldn't be surprised that
HTML 4.0 is vendor-driven (although not exclusively - many W3C members
are users). Once more, HTML 4.0 is what W3C members want it to be,
period.
--
Arnaud Le Hors - W3C, User Interface Domain - www.w3.org/People/Arnaud