Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Ian Samson (IDSamson@beauty.hsrc.ac.za)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:20:22 +200

From: "Ian Samson" <IDSamson@beauty.hsrc.ac.za>
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 14:20:22 +200
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

On 10 Sep 97 at 5:10, www-html@w3.org wrote:

> >The problem here is that "reality" mostly means "Whatever Netscape
> >comes up with", as far as new HTML extensions are concerned. Given
> >their history of strange extensions, that's not really a good way
> >to work on a new standard.

Netscape? Really? I had an impression the HTML 4 spec was being written to
appease Microsoft!

Ian Samson
WebMaster & Internet Systems Developer (SBN/MSDN/HWG Member)
Human Sciences Research Council, Pretoria, South Africa
Voice:  (+27(0)12) 302 2013
mailto:IDSamson@beauty.HSRC.ac.za
http://www.hsrc.ac.za/
--
Opinions expressed in this message are my own
and do not reflect official policy of the HSRC.