Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:54:21 -0700 (PDT)

To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 04:54:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames (fwd)

Once upon a time Dave Carter shaped the electrons to say...
>I do not understand what you find of value in 4.0 that wasn't in 2.0.

Tables
CSS support
Yes - scripting
Internationalization
OBJECT
Navigation keys

And several other things.

>Certainly not frames and scripting I hope. I find these of no value at
>all. They do not help in the clear and precise presentation of
>information. Which is what the WWW is all about.

Then we disagree on the purpose of the WWW.  I have a broader vision that
simply presenting information.  And the market seems to agree with me.
I view the web as more of an API.

I think the concept of frames is a good one - I think the NS implementation
sucks.  But I also recognize that it is too far entrenched to unseat now,
unless we can get a solid framing system based on Style Sheets.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-737-2100 FAX: 510-737-2110 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588