Re: What is planned for these attributes?

Arnaud Le Hors (lehors@w3.org)
Tue, 09 Sep 1997 14:45:47 +0200

Date: Tue, 09 Sep 1997 14:45:47 +0200
From: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
To: Wayne Campbell <twaynec@pacbell.net>
CC: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: What is planned for these attributes?

> First, I have a JavaScript that requires the use of a NAME attribute in an
> IMG tag. This attribute has not been included in any of the W3C DTDs as
> yet, and doesn't appear to be in the 4.0 draft yet either.

Sorry, I don't understand what "a JavaScript that requires" means. Where
does this piece of code comes from? How does this mean the IMG element
has to have a name attribute? Couldn't that simply be a bug in the
script instead? As far as I know no W3C vendor ever asked for this
attribute to be added...
--
Arnaud