Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames

Dave Carter (dxc@ast.cam.ac.uk)
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:15:51 +0100 (BST)

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:15:51 +0100 (BST)
From: Dave Carter <dxc@ast.cam.ac.uk>
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
cc: drmarsh@bigfoot.com, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: HTML4.0 draft: comments re: inclusion of frames

On Tue, 9 Sep 1997, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:

> > I am very disappointed and alarmed at the inclusion of Netscape's 'frame'
> > construct within the draft HTML4.0 specification.
> >
> > I wish to express, in the strongest terms, my concern that frames should not
> > be allowed to enter the rulebook of standard HTML.
>
> I just would like to point out that the "standard HTML" is what the W3C
> members want it to be.
> --
> Arnaud

And who are they and who appoints them?? W3C is not a standards body under
any international agreement that I know of. ISO is the standards body, and
when they get around to issuing it, ISO-HTML will be "standard HTML". No
body that is prepared to put <FRAME> in a standard and not <MATH> should
be entrusted with standards.

Dave Carter