Re: stupid multiple definitions for the TYPE attribute

At 12:45 PM -0500 1997-07-09, Douglas Rand wrote:
>Why can't a single declaration at the top of the document declare
>the style language being used?  Have I missed a proposal to allow
>users to specify the style content per element?  That would be a
>very bad thing from a browser maker's point of view.
According to an earlier e-mail [1], there is a way to declare it already.
And you're right, allowing a user to specify different kinds of style
renderings would definitely put a burden on the browser maker.  What I
wonder is this:
  1) are there any other style types in the works (I haven't heard of any)
  2) if there are, shouldn't there be some way to use more than one style
in a
     page?

[1] Mack, E. Stephen (estephen@emf.net) "Re: stupid multiple
definitions..." E-mail. 1997-09-06T22:53:57-0700
(like the cite? :-7 )

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]