Re: output of cgi to a new window

Jordan Reiter (jreiter@mail.slc.edu)
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 03:30:41 -0500

Date: Sun, 7 Sep 1997 03:30:41 -0500
To: David Basiji <basiji@u.washington.edu>
From: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: output of cgi to a new window

At 1:22 AM -0500 1997-07-09, David Basiji wrote:
>I have a cgi script which sends its output to a new browser window.
>(see http://weber.u.washington.edu/~basiji/Ballistics/wbc.html)
>I'm using a hack on the input form that works with most browsers:
><FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="wbc.cgi" TARGET="output">
>The TARGET tag is nonstandard but does work except with AOL browsers.
>Is there a more standard way to implement this feature so it won't mess
>up the browsers?

I think it's fairly irrelevant, since the AOL browser meets few of the
standards anyway, AFAIK.  The TARGET attribute was introduced in Netscape,
I think, and is more involved with JavaScript, etc, which the AOL browser
doesn't support.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]