Re: IMG tag doesn't seem to support relative HEI & WID values as standard

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Mark D. Wood wrote:

> Why doesn't the HTML4.0 spec support percentages for the height &
> width attributes to the IMG tag?  As I understand the spec (I've
> reproduced the relevant portions below), the values for the HEI
> and WID attributes must be expressed as absolute pixels.

Current browsers don't support % units on IMG for width
and height. Furthermore its not clear what these would
mean. % for width is meaningful, but what about height?
In any case, there is no agreement to focus on using
style sheets to control presentation rather than extending
further the presentation attributes in HTML.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)