Re: number of characters

Peter Flynn (pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie)
04 Sep 1997 00:53:06 +0100

Date: 04 Sep 1997 00:53:06 +0100
From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@imbolc.ucc.ie>
To: Rita&Pat@on-linefx.com
Cc: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: number of characters

   I wonder if anyone out there knows if there is a maximum to the number
   of charcters you can have on one line when writing html code.

HTML (and SGML) have no such limit. But your editor may impose a limit
of its own, and browsers may not like long lines -- I've never tried.

   I seem to have a wierd error when I try to print with one of my sites.It
   seems to be caused by how many charaters I have on one line. (848 to be
   exact).

I just changed all linebreaks in a 250Kb HTML file to spaces, and it's
you using? Or was this an editor you're talking about when you say
"print"?

///Peter

BTW you try it: http://imbolc.ucc.ie/~pflynn/humour/b.html