Re: Mangled CSS

David Perrell (davidp@earthlink.net)
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:50:40 -0700

From: "David Perrell" <davidp@earthlink.net>
To: "Chris Wilson (PSD)" <cwilso@MICROSOFT.com>,
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 13:50:40 -0700
Subject: Re: Mangled CSS

Chris Wilson wrote:
> Actually, Netscape Navigator 4.0 doesn't have this right.  The CSS
spec
> states clearly in the 'border-style' section (5.5.17), under the
> 'double' style, "The sum of the two single lines and the space
between
> equals the <border-width> value."  Navigator "grows" the border-width
-
> they consider the border-width to be the width of EACH line, not the
> total.  The reason why you don't see a double border in your sample
is
> that 'thin', to us, means 2 pixels - obviously, you need at least
three
> pixels to show a double border.

Oops. Sorry. Wishful thinking, I guess. I want to find something nice
to say about NN.

The spec makes sense. Otherwise, there would have to be a
'space-between-double' property for author control.

Will IE4 support individual control of four borders, and, if so, will
heavy borders of different colors abut diagonally?

       |\
       | |
       | |

David Perrell