Re: Cougar - Ordered Lists Numbering Style

Jonathan Rosenne wrote:

> With the risk of stating the obvious, I would like to point out
> that the alpha styles are language dependent.

Yup. The type attribute is here only on account of its widespread
deployment in browsers. The W3C CSS working group is reviewing
a proposal for list styles which will provide a much more
effective solution. We plan to include a clean version of the DTD
as part of the Cougar spec, that will avoid such presentation
attributes or elements.

> P.S There seems to be a spelling error in "arablic".

Thanks - this sort of typo will be cleaned up (we hope) before
the Cougar spec reaches recommendation status.
--
Dave Raggett - <dsr@w3.org> tel +1 617 258 5741 fax +1 617 258 5999
World Wide Web Consortium 545 Technology Square, Cambridge MA 02139