Re: Cougar DTD

Tomasz Pilat (poncjusz@ajax.umcs.lublin.pl)
Sat, 10 May 1997 13:13:00 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Sat, 10 May 1997 13:13:00 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Tomasz Pilat <poncjusz@ajax.umcs.lublin.pl>
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
cc: www-talk@w3.org, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Cougar DTD

Hello.

I think I have found 2 next (little) bugs in Cougar DTD (29/IV/97).

1.) Definition for block looks like this:

<!ENTITY % block
     "P | %list | %preformatted | DL | DIV | CENTER | NOSCRIPT | NOFRAMES
      BLOCKQUOTE | FORM | ISINDEX | HR | TABLE | FIELDSET | ADDRESS">

I think there is missing pipe "|" between NOFRAMES and BLOCKQUOT.

2.) Definition for special looks like this:

<!ENTITY % special
   "A | IMG | APPLET | OBJECT | FONT | BASEFONT | BR | SCRIPT |
   | MAP | Q | SPAN | BDO | IFRAME">
  ^^^

This time there is too much pipes between SCRIPT and MAP.

Am I right?

BTW: I'm looking for good DTD parsers for Linux (perl most welcome). Any
 suggestions? I have some parsers, but they are weak - they didn't found
 this and previous (NOSCRIPT) bugs.

BTW2: According to DTD nesting NOFRAMES/NOSCRIPT (from %block) is allowed.
 Is this purposeful?

=20
TIA,
Tomasz "Poncki" Pi=B3at