Re: Strange definition of Frame in Cougar DTD

Arnoud (galactus@htmlhelp.com)
Thu, 01 May 1997 20:39:43 +0200

From: galactus@htmlhelp.com (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Strange definition of Frame in Cougar DTD
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 20:39:43 +0200

In article <199704302142.RAA17790@ethanol.gnu.ai.mit.edu>,
"nemo/Joel N. Weber II" <devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu> wrote:
> Yes, some list of features, instead of just a browser version, would have
> been wiser.

First you'd have to define a standardized way to indicate a feature.
One approach that comes to mind is the "text/html; version=3.0"
suggested MIME type for HTML 3.0. Would extending the MIME type
like this be the way to go?

> However, intelligently designed content wouldn't require such a feature...

Depends on the application, I'd say. If you say that you can only
handle Javascript, I can send an HTML document with only the Javascript,
not the VBscript, JScript and what-have-youscript.

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>