Re: wish list

At 03:42 PM 3/28/97 -0500, Steven Champeon wrote:

>I just realized what I really want. I want a PostScript-like
>way to define shortcut tags.
[clip]

<product-plug>

Steven,
	My company's product will let you define your own tag and then will
translate them into HTML for you.  In particular, the tags you define match
very closely with SGML/HTML's lexical rules and syntax, so you'll be well
positioned for the arrival of XML implementation...

>What I'd like to be able to do is something like this:
>
><!ENTITY "myf6" "<font face=Times size=6>">
><BODY ...>
>%myf6; text </font>

How 'bout this:

<define name=myf6>
		<contents>
</define>

and then:

<myf6>text</myf6>

Our solution happens either on the server or in advance of that (i/e/. on
your authoring machine).  Info at http://www.pragmaticainc.com/

</product-plug>

David Ornstein
Pragmatica