Re: wish list

David Ornstein (
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:34:47 -0800

Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 14:34:47 -0800
To: Steven Champeon <>,
From: David Ornstein <>
Subject: Re: wish list

At 03:42 PM 3/28/97 -0500, Steven Champeon wrote:
>I just realized what I really want. I want a PostScript-like
>way to define shortcut tags.

	My company's product will let you define your own tag and then will
translate them into HTML for you.  In particular, the tags you define match
very closely with SGML/HTML's lexical rules and syntax, so you'll be well
positioned for the arrival of XML implementation...

>What I'd like to be able to do is something like this:
><!ENTITY "myf6" "<font face=Times size=6>">
><BODY ...>
>%myf6; text </font>

How 'bout this:

<define name=myf6>

and then:

Our solution happens either on the server or in advance of that (i/e/. on
your authoring machine).  Info at

David Ornstein