IETF/ISO relationship [was: ALIGN=decimal - question. (fwd)]

Dan Connolly (
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:18:32 -0600

Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 11:18:32 -0600
From: Dan Connolly <>
To: Paul Prescod <>
CC: Dave Carter <>,
Subject: IETF/ISO relationship [was: ALIGN=decimal - question. (fwd)]

Paul Prescod wrote:

> ISO is not the only standardization body. I read somewhere that the IETF was
> in some sense "recognized" by ISO, but that was in "media" and thus
> unreliable. I would be interested in clarifications by those in the know.

I don't know the exact nature of the relationship, but
it exists:

Tue Dec  3 09:50:00 1996

The IESG has a limited number of liaison relationships with other
organizations. The list of liaisons appears below:

        IAB             Allison Mankin
        SC2             Harald Alvestrand
        SC6             Allison Mankin
        SC18            John Klensin
        SC21            Harald Alvestrand
        SC29            Harald Alvestrand
        ATM Forum       Joel Halpern
        ITU             Scott Bradner

Dan Connolly, W3C Architecture Domain Lead
<> +1 512 310-2971
PGP:EDF8 A8E4 F3BB 0F3C FD1B 7BE0 716C FF21