Re: ALIGN=decimal - question. (fwd)

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time Erik van der Arend shaped the electrons to say...
> >How do you align with a decimal point ? Or what is wrong with the
>
> You don't.
>
> >code below. This code is copied from the HTML 3.0 specification
> >at http://www.w3.org/pub/WWW/MarkUp/html3/tables.html.
>
> HTML 3.0 was NEVER standard - it isa failed proposal.  This is one of the
> things lone since dead.

Technically correct, but if you want to be pedantic no version of HTML
is standard since none has been endorsed by ISO. HTML 2.0 is an IETF
RFC, which is the nearest we will ever get. 3.0 was submitted as a draft
but then nobody pursued it. 3.2 hasn't even got that far. Tables however
are in RFC 1942, and if you want something authoritative on tables then
this is it. If Netscape doesn't conform to RFC 1942 that is their problem.

Dave Carter