Re: HTML should not be a file format, but an output format

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Brian Kelly wrote:

> You may be interested in Tim Berners-Lee's talk on "The World Wide Web -
> past, present and future" given at the BCS in London in July 1996 which is
> available at http://www.bcs.org.uk/news/timbl.htm

W-O-W. That was really incredible. I liked the bit about interactivity - I
remember a conversation I had with my (computer-illiterate) father when he
asked me if he should get "Internet" at his business. He considered
interactive to be "you do something, so something else happens". That more
or less includes everything, I tried to explain. He went on to one of his
tantrums about how "you computer people use normal English terms in the most
outlandish of ways". Sheesh.

--
Stephanos "Pippis" Piperoglou - http://users.hol.gr/~spip/index.html
I've never finished anything I began, but this time I'm