Re: Metadata proliferation

Walter Ian Kaye (
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 01:55:11 -0800 (PST)

Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 01:55:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Walter Ian Kaye <>
cc: www-html <>, meta2 <>,
Subject: Re: Metadata proliferation

On Tue, 11 Mar 1997, Andrew Daviel wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Misha Wolf wrote:
> > > A note for readers not familiar with the Dublin Core, taken from
> > > draft-kunze-dc-00.txt:
> See also the DC homepage

Thanks -- now bookmarked.

> > will just keep following their own style and ignore DC conventions.
> Ah, yes, quite!
> I see that many HTML publishing tools create META tags, such as "generator",
> "author", etc.
> I'm collecting a list at

Nice info, but that tiny frame in the upper-left corner is useless.
I see:

and that's all. Have to scroll for the rest. I recommed you take that part
and merge it into the frame to its right, then eliminate the tiny frame.
Top/bottom frames work better than left/right frames for the same reason
that we have <HR> and not <VR>; you can only make so many assumptions
about user agents before everything turns to garbage (as shown above).

> and would be interested in any other tags or uses of tags that people
> have come across.

Look at the document source for :-)