Re: Any hope of an interim spec? (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@livingston.com)
Sun, 9 Mar 1997 04:53:11 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Re: Any hope of an interim spec? (fwd)
To: www-html@w3.org
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 04:53:11 -0800 (PST)
From: MegaZone <megazone@livingston.com>

Once upon a time nemo/Joel N. Weber II shaped the electrons to say...
>All you're really asking for is repackaging.

Basically - one DTD that supports all of the current standarss.

>I think what you're really looking for is a DTD that you can validate
>against, right?  Can you use HTML Pro?

yes and no.

I can't use HTML Pro because it is permissive and allows things that
are not standard, have never been standard, and probably never BE standard.

If I have to make my own DTD I'll probably start with it and rip out the
crap.

-MZ
Phone: 800-458-9966 510-426-0770 FAX: 510-426-8951 megazone@livingston.com
Snail mail: 4464 Willow Road, Pleasanton, CA 94588