Re: any ideas for slashed zero's

Walter Ian Kaye (walter@natural-innovations.com)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:40:46 -0800 (PST)

Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:40:46 -0800 (PST)
From: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>
To: WWW HTML List <www-html@w3.org>
cc: WWW Style List <www-style@w3.org>
Subject: Re: any ideas for slashed zero's

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Carl Morris wrote:

> I am an amateur radio operator and the more pages I put up about
> amateur radio the more I would like to put the slashes in the zero's
> amateurs commonly use.  However most fonts on the PC don't include a
> slash, not to mention that would limit me to a particular font.  I have

Well, on the Mac there's Monaco 10, Pro Font (any point size)... not sure
what else. Dunno what PC fonts have 'em.

You could also just place a note on the page, suggesting that people could
copy/paste the call letter text into a text editor or word processor if
they need to view it in a different font...