Re: HTML forms

Abigail (abigail@ny.fnx.com)
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:44:57 -0500 (EST)

Subject: Re: HTML forms
To: schampeo@hesketh.com (Steven Champeon)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 16:44:57 -0500 (EST)
From: "Abigail" <abigail@ny.fnx.com>
Cc: devnull@gnu.ai.mit.edu, dsr@w3.org, scotti@microsoft.com, www-html@w3.org

You, Steven Champeon, wrote:
++
++ At 08:23 PM 3/3/97 -0500, nemo/Joel N. Weber II wrote:
++ >And on X, the control key is not likely to be used in anything except
++ >shell windows.  Also, it's one of the few modifiers that seems to exist
++ >on almost all X terminals (sun keyboards don't have a key marked 'alt').
++
++ My Sun5c keyboard has an alt key - it's just that (as Jamie Zawinski
++ points out in his comments on the Netscape.ad (app defaults) file,
++ it doesn't send "alt", it sends "meta") - there is also a meta, or
++ "diamond" key, which for reasons unbeknownst to me, sends "alt" when
++ it is pressed. YMMV.

That's why I have the following in my .xinitrc file:

# Let the ALT do the +0x80 stuff too.
xmodmap -e "remove Mod4 = Alt_L"
xmodmap -e "add    Mod1 = Alt_L"

Abigail