Re: MCF's new implementation (via XML)

Nick Arnett (narnett@verity.com)
Mon, 16 Jun 1997 10:01:39 -0700

Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 10:01:39 -0700
To: www-html@w3.org
From: Nick Arnett <narnett@verity.com>
Subject: Re: MCF's new implementation (via XML)

At 06:47 AM 6/16/97 -0700, Benjamin Franz wrote:

>Examining Netscape's proposal, it is MUCH too complex for successful
>widespread use without automation tools completely hiding it from the
>end user: Its a "programmer's language."

It is our intent to hide this sort of thing from the end user, yet we see a
great need for a knowledge representation language.

Given that approach, I'd be interested in hearing other critiques of the
proposal.

Nick

Product Manager, Categorization and Visualization
Verity Inc. -- Connecting People with Information

Phone: 408-542-2164     Fax: 408-541-1600
Home office: 408-733-7613         narnett@verity.com
http://www.verity.com