Re: Subject line in Mailto forms

Arnoud (galactus@htmlhelp.com)
Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:37:01 +0200

From: galactus@htmlhelp.com (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Subject line in Mailto forms
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 20:37:01 +0200

In article <33A3EBC0.7B17@idt.net>,
jptxs <jptxs@idt.net> wrote:
> > or perhaps adding an attribute a la USEMAP (USEAPP? PARAMLIST?)
> > to A that links to a list of parameters, then you could even re-use
> > the information in multiple mailto links.
>
> speaking of reusing information.....
> will CSS make any alowances for these issues
> and, if so, how will the CSS standard relate to the
> email clients?

I should hope not. CSS is a language to define presentation for
markup, whereas the PARAMLIST attribute I was discussing above
is not presentational at all.

Just like HTML, CSS is not a panacea - you don't stuff everything
that isn't in HTML in CSS when you need it.

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>