Re: LINK tag - why isn't it being implemented by UAs?

Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor wrote:

> I'd like to point out, as most probably know already, that Lynx supports
> the ``rev=madeby'' link for sending comments to document authors.  To send
> a comment just press ``C'' in Lynx.  I'm rather surprised that other
> browsers haven't made use of this since it has been in Lynx ever since I
> first started using it.

I though it was rev=made actually - that's certainly what I
implemented.  The problem is that by "Why don't UA browsers implement
[...]" the original author probably meant Netscape and Internet
Explorer.  AFAIK, many browsers do implement it.  I know Mosaic uses
toolbar buttons.  I implemented it in mine by having a separate
dialogue box to display all the link and meta tags and having a button
to launch the content attribute of the tag if the content looked like a
URL.  I'm sure there are other ways it could be represented too.

--
Stewart Brodie, Electronics & Computer Science, Southampton University.
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~snb94r/