Re: pages

Rob (
Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:40:44 -0500

From: "Rob" <>
To: "Sarr Blumson" <>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 1997 11:40:44 -0500
Subject: Re: pages
CC: <>, "Erik Aronesty" <>

"Sarr Blumson" <> wrote:
> If your suggesting that browsers should be configurable to force a "page break"
> on a level one header I would agree completely.  I could even deal with a

I disagree. I (and many others) use H1 on top as a title for the
main-document or group of documents name and H2 for the main
sections.  A forced page-break would leave a blank page on top, which
would confuse and turn off a lot of web-surfers.

> "force new page" tag although I suspect it will end up being grossly misused.

It *will* be misused.

Better off leavng the use of page breaks along with the handling of
widows and orphans to style-sheets.

Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl (
Se habla PGP.