Re: <acronym? [was: www-html archives ]

Dave Raggett (dsr@w3.org)
Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:47:37 -0400 ()

Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 11:47:37 -0400 ()
From: Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>
To: "Alan J. Flavell" <flavell@mail.cern.ch>
cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: <acronym? [was: www-html archives ]

I am somewhat confused by your message. My response and
the email it generated led to the concensus that we need
a new CSS property for spelling out text a letter at a time
when rendering to speech. I have asked the chair of the CSS&FP
working group for this to be added to the WD-acssn draft
which encompasses ideas for presentation control of aural
rendering.

This property could be applied to the ACRONYM element or
to other elements such as SPAN. I will modify the HTML 4.0
draft to clarify the suggested rendering of acronym.

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)