Re: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>

Kjetil Kjernsmo (kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no)
Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:17:14 +0200 (MET DST)

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 11:17:14 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil.kjernsmo@astro.uio.no>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Images and formatting of lists, keywords in <a>

On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Jordan Reiter wrote:

>At 9:08 AM -0500 07-28-1997, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
>>I feel it is a little awkward to do it this way, and I would like to
>>have	1.	4.	7.
>>	2.	5.	8.
>>	3.	6.	9.
>>as well.
>This is a formatting problem on *your* end.  You're probably doing
>something along the lines of:

[two examples deleted]
I did both.

>In addition, there are now new options in HTML 4.0 that allow the division
>of a table into columns.

Good.

>But of course, all of these are visual rather than structural uses of HTML,
>which is not encouraged.

Which is exactly why I feel these solutions are very awkward. From the
relatively small amount of reading I did, I got the impression allowing
things to happen with structural use of HTML was what people aimed at?

>Finally, Netscape 3.0+ offers <MULTICOL>, which allows you to divide a
>section of text into columns automatically.

Huh? I thought I would never get that answer in this group....

Friendly Tiddely-pom,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
astronomy-student (B.Sc.)                         University of Oslo, Norway