Re: HTML suggestion

Dave Raggett (
Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:54:15 -0400 ()

Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 09:54:15 -0400 ()
From: Dave Raggett <>
To: Niklas Wallenius <>
Subject: Re: HTML suggestion

It is a very reasonable request to alow a single link to
open several documents at once, e.g. a table of contents
and a particular document to which it applies, so that
the "back" operation backtracks to the previous state,
hiding both documents. Another desirable feature would be
to get a popup list of choices when you click on a link.

I hope that W3C can work with its members to achieve
such effects in the future, although we are unable to
do this for HTML 4.0.

-- Dave Raggett <>
phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)