Re: BUTTON element (fwd)

On Fri, 25 Jul 1997, MegaZone wrote:

> Style Sheets do not address the layout of true tabular data - that
> is a *structural* need, not presentational.

This is simplistic. If the markup defines the data model, then
style sheets can choose how to represent the data according to
the capabilities of the medium, e.g. Braille has a restricted
number of columns (40 I think) so that it may be better to render
a data record as a list. This is where more powerful style sheet
languages such as DSSSL come into their own, and motivates the
use of XML for documents with lots of data (data rather than
document centric).

Regards,

phone: +44 122 578 2521 (office) +44 385 320 444 (gsm mobile)