Re: <BR><BR> (was RE: Some complaints about HTML 4.0 (fwd))

At 5:17p -0500 07/26/97, Jordan Reiter wrote:
 > At 7:26 PM -0500 07-25-1997, MegaZone wrote:
 > >Once upon a time Jordan Reiter shaped the electrons to say...
 > >><BR> does.  A <BR> tag is essentially *always* empty and as such can be
 > >>repeated.  The HTML documentation is arguing against the use of elements
 > >
 > >You can always replace multiple <BR> elements with PRE
 > But why do that?  Currently, the BIG TWO allow the use of multiple <BR>
 > tags.  Why not toss philosophical discussion aside and let <BR> stand as a
 > line adder?

Because some of us actually care that our pages look right on ALL browsers
(or at least as many versions of as many browsers as possible), and not only
"the BIG TWO". I, for one, welcome the *entire planet* with open arms. This
is the World-wide web, not the MS/NCC-wide web.