Re: HTML 4.0 draft available

Jordan Reiter (
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:32:48 -0500

Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 12:32:48 -0500
To: Dave Raggett <>
From: Jordan Reiter <>
Subject: Re: HTML 4.0 draft available
Cc: Rob <>,

At 7:58 AM -0500 07-21-1997, Dave Raggett wrote:
>On Thu, 10 Jul 1997, Jordan Reiter wrote:
>> but I think limiting the possibility of values for the REL or REV
>> attributes would drastically reduce the potential of the LINK tag.
>There was supposed to be a link to a separate document listing
>a wider range of proposed link types. I will see to it that this
>list is revived as a reference from the 4.0 spec.

I looked over the list of link types.  The Anchor element supports REL and
REV attributes.  What about listings for these?  Is there the same
limitations (I hope not!).  I think some very useful LINK possibilities,
such as links to the author of the webpage ("Made") are very necessary.

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]