Re: Back reference

Rory Freeman (
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 13:32:42 +0200 (GMT)

Subject: Re: Back reference
To: (Panayotis Georgios Matsinopoulos)
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 13:32:42 +0200 (GMT)
From: Rory Freeman <>

> I am getting more specific. I write an html file. I want to create a
> link to the file that called this html file I write. The URL that calls
> my html file is not always the same. Is there any way to reference the
> caller of my html file. Is there any variable that the browser can
> understand.

Using SSI you can do:

	You came from <!--#echo var="HTTP_REFERER"--> .

\  / Rory Freeman                                       Rhodes University
 \/                    Grahamstown, South Africa                     's up!
The bongos.  The bongos and the cowbells.  Yes.
    The above represents my own ideas and not those of Rhodes University.

Help fight crime in South Africa -