Changes to added latin entities in HTML 3.2

Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor (roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca)
Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:08:02 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:08:02 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Russell Steven Shawn O'Connor" <roconnor@wronski.math.uwaterloo.ca>
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Changes to added latin entities in HTML 3.2

In HTML 2.0, the DTD includes latin enities.
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 PUBLIC
  "ISO 8879-1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN//HTML">
%ISOlat1;

In HTML 3.2 the DTD includes latin enities.
<!ENTITY % ISOlat1 PUBLIC
       "ISO 8879-1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN//HTML">
%ISOlat1;

However the same public identifier refers to two diffrent files!

To confuse the issue a little bit more HTML 4.0 include latin enities.
<!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC
   "-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin1//EN//HTML">
%HTMLlat1;

but this indetifier points to basically the same file as in HTML 3.2

All this makes constructing a catalog file, kinda difficult.

Should I cosider HTML 3.2 version of ISO 8879-1986//ENTITIES Added Latin
1//EN//HTML the latest version and put the appriote entry in my Catalog
file?

Is there some place I can go to get the ``offical'' ISO
8879-1986//ENTITIES Added Latin 1//EN//HTML file?

    <URL:http://www.undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca/%7Eroconnor/>
"And truth irreversibly destroys the meaning of its own message"
-- Anindita Dutta, "The Paradox of Truth, the Truth of Entropy"