Re: (further) comments on ACRONYM

Rob (
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 09:51:26 -0500

From: "Rob" <>
To: Stephanos Piperoglou <>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 1997 09:51:26 -0500
Subject: Re: (further) comments on ACRONYM

Stephanos Piperoglou <> writes:

> On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Aymeric Poulain Maubant wrote:
> > Well, I was thinking of a large document made of many HTML files with
> > eavily use of acronyms.
> I get annoyed when people bring forth this kind of examples. Not with the
> people, though (i.e., I'm not annoyed with you :)), but with server vendors.
> That's right, server vendors.

How about Browser (UA) vendors?

  <!ENTITY acronym.html
   "<ACRONYM TITLE="Hypertext Markup Language">HTML

and in the body of the document

  <P>Stephanos is contemplating the maintenance of documents written
  in &acronym.html;.</P>

This (or something similar-- I'm no SGML guru) *should* work in an
SGML browser.  And SGML allows for sharing documents (although
proper use of Server-Side-Includes will reduce unnecessary HTTPD

Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl (
Se habla PGP.