Re: Research about WWW error 404

In article <1.5.4.32.19970715211115.00725320@mail.ez-poa.com.br>,
Luis Fernando Garcia <lgarcia@ez-poa.com.br> wrote:
> I need your experiences, tests, comments, solutions, * personal opinion
> * , resources and links related about:

>  "ERROR 404 - File Not Found" in www/http protocol.

Experiences: many.
Tests: Haven't done any to see if I could get a 404.
Comments: This happens if someone requests an URL that did not exist.
Solutions: None. Mail the webmaster if the URL should exist, but
other than that, you're out of luck.
Personal opinion: It's just one of the HTTP response codes, and it has
a well-defined purpose and fills a need.

What is this doing on www-html?

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>