Some complaints about HTML 4.0

Arnoud (galactus@htmlhelp.com)
Sat, 12 Jul 1997 19:15:48 +0200

From: galactus@htmlhelp.com (Arnoud "Galactus" Engelfriet)
To: www-html@w3.org
Subject: Some complaints about HTML 4.0
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 19:15:48 +0200

1. As Alan Flavell noted in the HTML authoring newsgroup, the HTML 4.0
draft defines "HTML comments" to be "Starts with <!--, and ends with -->"
according to the examples. There is nothing that says that using "--"
inside the comment will have nasty SGML side-effects. I think this
issue should be noted in both the section on comments and the section
on hiding scripts.

2. There is definite statement on &nbsp;&nbsp; being collapsing or not.

3. I really, really wish that example documents do not give things
like "click here" or "You need a java-capable browser" as example
text. This only encourages beginning authors to write that in their
documents.

--
E-mail: galactus@htmlhelp.com .................... PGP Key: 512/63B0E665
Maintainer of WDG's HTML reference: <http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/>