Re: Event model for <A> element

Steve Cheng (steve@elmert.ipoline.com)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:38:37 -0400 (EDT)

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 14:38:37 -0400 (EDT)
From: Steve Cheng <steve@elmert.ipoline.com>
To: Arnaud Le Hors <lehors@w3.org>
cc: Scott Matthewman <scottm@danielson.co.uk>, www-html@w3.org
Subject: Re: Event model for <A> element

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997, Arnaud Le Hors wrote:

> Scott Matthewman wrote:
> >
> > Shouldn't the <A> element be able to support onFocus and onBlur events,
> > especially if it can support the tabindex attribute to determine the order
> > in which the TAB key moves the focus around the place?
>
> Yes it should. Thanks for spotting this.

It seems to me that there are too many events that UAs can support. For
example, for forms you can have "onPressRightArrow" and "onPressX" (from the
Lynx browser), and IMG/OBJECT you can have "onMouseOver" etc. Isn't it
futile to try to define all these events? They're not very media-independent
either...

--
Steve Cheng
elmert@ipoline.com