Re: [HTML 4.0 draft] (further) comments on ACRONYM

Aymeric Poulain Maubant <Aymeric.PoulainMaubant@enst-bretagne.fr>
 on Fri, 11 Jul 1997 wrote:

> What about a 'declare' attribute for acronym then ?
>
> <!ELEMENT ACRONYM - - (%inline)*>
> <!ATTLIST ACRONYM)
>   declare     (declare)  #IMPLIED  -- declare but don't instantiate flag --
>   %attrs;                -- %coreattrs, %i18n, %events --
>   >

> We could then have declarations of widely used acronyms the first time
> they are used in a document, or declarations listed in a LINKed dictionnary :

The first time an ACRONYM is used would declare it, though a LINK
referring to definitions, or optional ID attributes to differentiate
between conflicts would help.

A <LINK REL=MetaDefs HREF=...> in the HEAD element, with expanded and
shared definitions for ACRONYMs, PERSONs, PLACEs, CITEs, et cetera.

Hm... mental gears are moving here.

Rob
---
Robert Rothenburg Walking-Owl (wlkngowl@unix.asb.com)