Re: HTML 4.0 draft available

Jordan Reiter (jreiter@mail.slc.edu)
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 03:42:57 -0400

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 03:42:57 -0400
To: Walter Ian Kaye <walter@natural-innovations.com>, www-html@w3.org
From: Jordan Reiter <jreiter@mail.slc.edu>
Subject: Re: HTML 4.0 draft available

At 1:42 PM -0000 7/10/97, Walter Ian Kaye wrote:
> > A. The required TITLE element is missing from the HEAD section.
>

>And it is also missing from an actual document's head:
>
>   <http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-html40/contents.html>
>
>This "HTML" page has no <TITLE>! Can you say "oops"? I thought you could. <G>

It is also missing a DOCTYPE declaration.  I have a funny fealing that all
of this specs mumbo jumbo is just a bunch of pranks pulled on all of us by
a bunch insiduous weasals at the W3C.  ;->

Seriously, I have noticed quite a few pages, on sites associated with
HTML/web standardization/specification that do not use titles, doctypes, or
anything.  Why?

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]