Jordan Reiter (
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 03:22:03 -0400

Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 03:22:03 -0400
To: Paul Prescod <>,
From: Jordan Reiter <>
Subject: Re: XML

At 3:15 PM -0000 7/10/97, Paul Prescod wrote:
>...Those who want to understand where the Web is going
>would be interested, just as they would have been interested in
>stylesheets a couple of years ago before they were as hyped as they are
Oh, you must mean, "supported".  Style sheets are only now being
implemented in the Big Two (alright, so IE3.0 had limited support for a
while...) Keep in mind that web developers don't have the time or energy to
use features that no one will be able to see.  It would be equivalent to
creating a masterful drawing of a black bear eating licorice in a cave at

Besides, nothing says you have to be on the absolute cutting edge of the
technology and all.  I am fairly satisfied with the breadth of HTML and
other web technology that I know now.  And I don't think you'd disagree
with me that often the introduction of new HTML/web features has led to
what could very well be hell on earth (ie, obnoxious animated gifs,
excessive or unnecessary frames, etc).

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]