Re: XML

At 3:15 PM -0000 7/10/97, Paul Prescod wrote:
>...Those who want to understand where the Web is going
>would be interested, just as they would have been interested in
>stylesheets a couple of years ago before they were as hyped as they are
>today.
"Hyped"?
Oh, you must mean, "supported".  Style sheets are only now being
implemented in the Big Two (alright, so IE3.0 had limited support for a
while...) Keep in mind that web developers don't have the time or energy to
use features that no one will be able to see.  It would be equivalent to
creating a masterful drawing of a black bear eating licorice in a cave at
night.

Besides, nothing says you have to be on the absolute cutting edge of the
technology and all.  I am fairly satisfied with the breadth of HTML and
other web technology that I know now.  And I don't think you'd disagree
with me that often the introduction of new HTML/web features has led to
what could very well be hell on earth (ie, obnoxious animated gifs,
excessive or unnecessary frames, etc).

[                    Jordan Reiter                     ]
[            mailto:jreiter@mail.slc.edu               ]
[ "You can't just say, 'I don't want to get involved.' ]
[  The universe got you involved."  --Hal Lipset, P.I. ]